We inform you that we are looking for 20 motivated EVS
volunteers for World Transplant Games that will take place in Malaga.
- Venue: Málaga, Spain
- Start: 10TH June
- End: 10TH July
- Duration: 1 Month
- Number of Vacancies: 20
- Deadline to apply: 01/05/2017
- Candidates from: France, Italy, Greece, Bulgaria, Germany
- HEI REF:2014-1-ES02-KA110-005633
The World Transplant Games is an international sporting event for transplant athletes. It demonstrates the physical success of transplant surgery and the ability of transplant recipients to lead healthy, normal lives. The event aims to significantly enhance the understanding and acceptance of organ donation.
- The Games are held every two years, with the last three games being in Mar Del Plata, Argentina (2015), Durban, South Africa (2013) and Gotenburg, Sweden (2011)
- The games represent the largest organ donor awareness event in the world
- Participants range from 4 years to 80 years of age and have all had a life-saving Organ Transplant operations – heart, lungs, liver, pancreas, kidneys or bone-marrow;
- It is a multi-sport event including Track & Field events, Cycling, Road Races, Swimming, Golf, Tennis, Table-tennis, Badminton, Squash, , Volleyball, Petanque, Tenpin Bowling and a few other select sports.
- Málaga is proud to be announced the host for the 2017 World Transplant Games and is set to attract over 2500 participants representing some 55 nations
- We have the blessing and support of the World Transplant Games Federation, the International Olympic Committee and Ayuntamiento de Málaga, Junta de Andalucía y Diputación de Málaga.
- The Games will be held from Sunday, June 25 to Sunday, July 2. Participants should plan to arrive in the afternoon of the Sunday at the latest to register, check in to accommodation and get ready for the opening ceremony. Departures will be from Sunday, July 2.
MORE INFO: http://wtgmalaga2017.com/en/the-games/
TASKS OF THE EVS VOLUNTEERS
- Organic Public promo Campaign About Donors and Transplant
- Provide logistic support during the sport activities
- Support the cultural activities of players and families.
- Participate in the organization of any other events during The World Transplant Games
- Perform translation for the participants of The World Transplant Games
- Animation for kids
EVS VOLUNTEER PROFILE
- High level of English
- Beginner/Intermediate level of Spanish; a higher level will be an asset
- Interest in large sport events
- Good communication skills
- Sensitivity to transplant topic
- High motivation to learn, work hard and have fun
- People who have no passion for sport and volunteer work, and are only interested in partying and tourism, ARE NOT WELCOME!
SENDING ORGANIZATION DETAILS
MAISON DES JEUNES ET DE LA CULTURE DE FLERS,
YOU IN EUROPE,
ASSOCIAZIONE PORTA NUOVA EUROPA
- The volunteers will receive 105 Euros as pocket money for the month.
- The travel costs to Malaga will be managed by the sending organizations to avoid the economic difficulties being a barrier to participation in the project.
- Accommodation will be offered in International Youth Hostel (sharing rooms by 3, 4 or more)
- Food will be provided in Youth Hostel and/or via Food Tickets.
- Local transport costs during the project activities will be covered by organization.
- Holidays and/or Free Days will be taken after the Big Event, NOT before or during the WORLD GAMES.
- The volunteers will have a 2-weeks preparation before the event and an evaluation session after.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS
The deadline for the applications is: 01/05/2017, 12:00 pm Spanish time
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a Skype interview with the sending organization from their country and Intercambia Youth
- Selected participants will have to ATTEND FACE TO FACE PREPARATION SESSION in their sending organization, hence preference will be given to candidates who live close to the above=mentioned organizations
Selected candidates will have to
- ORGANIZE DONATION PROMO CAMPAIGN AT LOCAL LEVEL (2 Hours Minimun) BEFORE THE EVS PROJECT
- ORGANIZE DISSEMINATION EVENT AFTER THE EVS PROJECT (2 Hours Minimun)