TYPE OF PROJECT Strategic Partnerships for adult education
PROJECT’S NAME EduStorytelling
DATES 01.09.2019 – 31.08.2021
- MV INTERNATIONAL (Italy): coordinator
- COMPARATIVE RESEARCH NETWORK EV (Germany) :partner
- FUNDACJA AUTOKREACJA (Poland) :partner
- VISOKA POSLOVNA SKOLA PAR (Croatia) :partner
- EDUFORMA SRL (Italy) :partner
- AJ Intercambia (Spain) :partner
“EduStorytelling” (EST) aims at addressing the digital skills and literacy gap affecting European adults coming from disadvantaged backgrounds through the methodology of Digital Storytelling (DST) as a pathway to develop high-quality digital and literacy skills and competencies. It Will improve attitudes of peer-interaction and cooperative learning, forming part of a comprehensive digital literacy in order to foster personal development, active citizenship and employability perspectives.
– 30 adult education trainers who work with adult learners with a disadvantaged background (lacking of basic skills and facing social exclusion)
– Partner organizations; Stakeholders (Educational Institutions, NGOs, Third Age Universities, Labour Training Centres, Businesses, Public Authorities, VET providers); Adult target groups with a disadvantaged background within partner countries and at the European level.
- To explore the educational potential of DST as an innovative instrument for enhancing digital competences of EU citizens, in continuity with the rationale of the EU Digital Competences Framework for Citizens.
- To develop a cross-border and cross sector synergy with the purpose of creating innovative models of Storytelling education tailored to the needs of Adult learners.
- To establish a wider community of Storytelling practitioners using MOOC courses and interacting with their peers.
- 3 administrative-management meetings:
- Kick off meeting in Italy
- Mid-term meeting in Germany
- Final meeting in Croatia,
- Creation of 3 intellectual outputs
- Short-term joint staff training event in Italy
- 6 Multiplier events;
- An educational curriculum for adult education trainers.
- Testing the curriculum in a specific short-term joint staff training event.
- A comprehensive “DigiStories” Guide, as a reference for trainers in adult education.
- 4. A MOOC online course for direct use by trainers in adult education to be integrated into the educational offer in adult education institutions, complemented by a community section with a Blog storing digital narratives of participants and acting as a hub of a wider DST learning community.