TYPE OF PROJECT: Strategic Partnership – Youth
NAME: INTERcultural Dialogue to Empower Minorities
DATES: Febrero 2020 – Julio 2022
- AJ Intercambia (Spain): solicitante
- Mine Vaganti NGO (Italy): partner
- NGO NEST BERLIN (Germany): partner
- Centrul Pentru Educatie si Consultanta Instrumente Structurale (Romania): partner
The «INTERcultural Dialogue to Empower Minorities» (INTER-DEM) is a 18-months Strategic Alliance focused on promoting peaceful interaction, mutual discovery, and tolerance among young people of native and ethnic minorities through the training of young people to become potential Digital Youth Activists, in promoting intercultural dialogue in micro realities through and in new media channels.
- INTER-DEM aims at enhancing awareness of racism and of discrimination among youngsters and at contrasting those problems
- The project achieves this objective by training a group of youngsters to become potential digital activists who are committed to facing discrimination among youngsters, as well as to promoting positive values of tolerance and respect of diversity that characterize the European identity.
The project will involve youngsters from national ethnic minorities as well as native youths.
This choice was agreed upon among all Consortium partners, in order to achieve a double goal: fostering social inclusion of youngsters coming from ethnic minority groups as well as sensitize and educate native youth at empathy, tolerance, and inclusive behavior.
- Kick off Meeting
- Youth Mobility Spain
- Midterm evaluation
- Youth Mobility Romania
- Final Evaluation
1 Research Report containing statistics and needs regarding ethnic minority youths in a matter of social inclusion
1 Toolkit containing existent best practices and employed workshop on Social Media Communication, Social Activism Campaigning, Digital Storytelling and Digital Educational Tools
1 Blog created by the participants during the first mobility
4 products of digital storytelling created during the first mobility
4 National and 1 International Social Campaigns