CALL OF ESC: SANTA MARIA DE LOS ANGELES
We inform you that we are looking for 2 motivated volunteers for an ESC project in Santa María de los Ángeles.
- Venue: Málaga (Spain)
- Start: SEPT 2022
- End: JUNE 2023
- Number of Vacancies: 2
- Deadline to apply: 30/05/2022
- Interviews: 7-10 JUNE 2022
- We are looking for candidates ONLY FROM EU AND NON-EU
- HEI REF: 2015-1-ES02-KA110-006752
- JUST ONLINE FORMS, (MAILS, PHONE, FB, WS, INST… WILL NOT BE ATTENDED)
- JUST ONLINE FORMS, (MAILS, PHONE, FB, WS, INST… WILL NOT BE ATTENDED) (IN CASE YOU DID NOT READ BEFORE)
Take into consideration that it is an approved project,
We will just take into consideration responsible, motivated, and passionate application forms!
Anyone interested may read the info below, fill in the online application form, and attach their CV and motivation letter (in English or Spanish) before 30.05.2022. We will select candidates for interviews and inform them.
Information about the project
The volunteer project covers four main work areas: social and cultural activities, linguistic exchange, cultural exchange, and raising awareness about environmental issues. All this is based on the joint commitment to the environment and community. The framework educates the youth as participatory and creative individuals, in the broader construction of a non-violent, just, equal, and respecting human rights society. In addition, the objectives are to promote and integrate the value of interculturalism, appreciation, and respect for diversity, raise environmental values and adopt attitudes that promote sustainable development.
This project is carried out by CES Santa Maria de Los Angeles, the center for secondary education in the city of Malaga. This city is situated in Southern Spain in the autonomous community of Andalusia. It is a cosmopolitan coastal city with a warm climate and has important cultural diversity. Our Association is founded for the youth who come from different social classes, cultures, and geographical locations. Our area of influence extends to the Carranque region, an area with a middle-low socioeconomic level, and where our Association has an important influence, both by its openness and by the activities it promotes.
The hosting organization wants to take the European reality into its classrooms and they think the best way to do that is to have volunteers from different countries. The volunteers will become a point of reference for the students who will realize that living and working abroad as a volunteer is a great opportunity. Moreover, the volunteers will show European diversity and how rich it is.
Finally, the volunteers will have some specific tasks such as:
- to do presentations about the country and the culture
- to give non-formal English and/or German and/or French lessons to students and organize English conversation groups with teachers
- to collaborate with DACE (Departamento de Actividades Culturales y Extraescolares) on cultural activities in the school
- to update social networks such as school blogs, websites, Facebook, etc.
- to organize some workshops for students to develop international partnerships: Erasmus, Leonardo, Youth in action, etc.
We offer volunteers the following:
- Gaining experience in useful skills for their professional future. The ESC provides skills and experiences, increases job possibilities, and gives the chance of doing different jobs, so a choice is possible.
- Learn new skills. The ESC enables new challenges, know new people, new perspectives, and ways of living which may encourage volunteers to reconsider their world perspectives.
We expect volunteers to participate in:
- the cultural activities organized by the school
- the coordination of international activities
- the workshops or excursions organized by the school
- some community and local events
- English Club and/or German club and/or French club
- intercultural exchange meetings
- Youth Information Point
The profile of volunteers will be in accordance with the following personal and social skills:
- Motivation and interest for this type of volunteering project.
- Ability to adapt to different cultural and social environments.
- Commitment and responsibility to the objectives of the project.
- Be able to work and animate a group.
- Good communication and leadership skills.
For this process, we will develop a form of skills and attitudes that will guide us throughout the process, and help us as a tool for the selection of candidates. We also plan to conduct Skype interviews with the volunteers in order to get to know them better, and equally for them to know us.
We do not have any kind of preference regarding the sending entity.
The school has approximately 350 students.
- Collaborate in the educational work of the Centre, collect and express opinions and suggestions of the students, encourage participation and promote associative and teamwork values.
- To promote and organize cultural, artistic, and recreational activities.
- To carry out voluntary activities both at the provincial, European and international levels.
- Carry out Youth in Action programs, both European and international.
- Training courses and socio-cultural activities.
- Voluntary activities related to the environment, participation, promotion of the culture of peace, social and community interest, and promotion of multiculturalism.
- Activities aimed at cultural exchange.
It comprises young volunteers who share an interest in social and cultural activities, environment, promotion of the culture of peace and multiculturalism, and shares all this in the educational Centre.
Recipients are not only the youth of the center, but because of the openness and participation in various European youth activities, we can speak of a local, regional and European impact.
Further information about the volunteer’s life
Volunteers could cook their meals on their own in their flats, they are going to receive 150 euros each month.
Accommodation will be in rented flats shared with other ESC volunteers or youth people. They will be provided with standard equipment and essential household goods. and electricity, water, gas will be covered by the hosting organization. Internet connection is not facilitated by the hosting organization
Each volunteer will be given a monthly allowance of 150 euros for personal needs every day
Every volunteer will have a chance to choose BIKE or BUS CARD if he/she lives more than 3,0km from the school, long-distance activities will be covered by the hosting organization if it is needed.
Every volunteer is entitled to receive language support with an online platform, as stated in the Erasmus+ program.
The volunteer will have the same holiday days as the rest of the School Team (Christmas holidays, Easter holidays, White week in February, and the rest of the holidays of Andalusia and those the municipality authorities have planned in the school calendar).
Training and support:
The mentor will offer constantly his support and personal assistance to the volunteers.
The applicant organization/sending organization/hosting organization is responsible for the volunteer’s insurance, all the parties are obliged to get acquainted with the insurance rules.
JUST SKYPE SELECTED CANDIDATES WILL BE INFORMED