CALL FOR VOLUNTEER PROGRAM IES BEN GABIROL
We inform you that we are looking for two motivates volunteers from EU for IES BEN GABIROL.
- Venue: Málaga (Spain)
- Start: 01.01.19End: 30.06.19
- Duration: 6 Months
- Number of Vacancies: 2
- Deadline to apply: 31 august 2018
- On-line-Interview: 3-7 of September 2018
- Countryes: EU Nations
We will just take in consideration responsible, motivated and passionate application forms!
Information about the organization
IES BEN GABIROL is a Secondary and Vocational Education and Training (VET) Public School in Málaga (Spain), near the city center, in fifteen minutes you can reach downtown. You can get easily to Madrid via AVE (high-speed train) within two hours and a half.
IES BEN GABIROL wants to make the students aware of the European comunity and having volunteers from different countries of Europe is a good way to do it. Our students will realise that living and working abroad is an opportunity for them. The volunteers can show the rich European diversity
The main areas where the volunteer canl be involved are
- VET erasmus + projects: The volunteer will give support to the Erasmus+ Coordination searching opportunities, and companies for work placements and giving support to students motilities.
- Soft Skills VET. The volunteer will give support to students with some extra activities related with soft skills, interviews, public speaking, entrepreneurship, employability, etc
- Language activities: Depending on the Languages skills of the volunteers in English and French or any others, the volunteer will support students who are going to have a work placement in EU nations, with non-formal education activities to help students to improve their language skills as well as their knowledge of other cultures.
- Co-education activities. The volunteers will support the coordinator of the co-education department.
- Integration activities: The volunteers will participate with the students of Social Integration in any activities planned and implemented.
- TIC: The volunteers will update social networks such as school blog, web-site, grouply, picasaweb album, facebook, tuenti etc.
- Cultural Activities. The volunteer will help the cultural activities department with the organization and implement of the activities done both in and out of the school. They will do presentations about their country, and habits.
- Forma Joven Program. The volunteers will collaborate in activities of this program related with the health and good habits of young people.
- Youth Information. The volunteer will create a point where students can ask about the possibilities for young in the Erasmus+ Youth Program.
- Volunteer Selection for next Course. The volunteer will help in the selection process of next year volunteer.
- Other activities:
- Depending of their posibilities he/she will help with:
- The sport activities in the break.
- The Chess club.
- The Radio station
- To collaborate in the launch of a School garden
Opportunities for the volunteers
- Development of social and cultural skills, as volunteers will have the opportunity to interact with a large number of young people from very different backgrounds and this will provide volunteers with a real view of youth in Spain.
- They will collaborate with our students of Socio-Cultural and touristic coordination planning and carrying out the activities of leisure in schools.
- They will collaborate with our students of Promotion of Gender Equality planning and carrying out the activities planned and implemented
- The volunteer will know the cultural offer in Malaga participating in the cultural activities with our students.
- The Volunteer will also learn or improve his/her Spanish language, as this is our working language
- The Volunteer will participate in the normal working hours, with the mentor or responsible of the activity.
- The mentor will give all the instructions and support for making the volunteer period as much satisfactory as possible.
- Volunteers will have access to the computers, photocopies and all the resources at the school.
Further information about the volunteer life
Volunteers could cook their meals by their own in their flats, they are going to receive 150 euros each month.
Accommodation will be in rented flats shared with other EVS volunteers or youth people. They will be provided with standard equipment and essential household goods. and electricity, water, gas will be covered by the hosting organization. Internet connection is not facilitated by the hosting organization
Each volunteer will be given a monthly allowance of 150 euro for personal needs every day
Every volunteer will have a chance to choose BIKE or BUS CARD if it needed, long distance activities will be covered by hosting organization if is it needed.
Every volunteer is entitled to receive language support with an online platform, as stated in Erasmus+ programme.
The volunteer will have the same holiday days as the rest of the association.
Trainings and support
- The mentor will offer constantly his support and personal assistance to the volunteers.
- Applicant organization/sending organization/hosting organization is responsible for the volunteer’s insurance, all the parties are obliged to get acquainted with the insurance rules.
Application process: If you are interested in this project, please fill in the following application form and attach your CV, motivation letter and Photo. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a Skype interview on the 1-7th September 2018. The deadline for applications is 31/08/2018
- The normal working day will last six hours and a half, usually in the morning, from 9:00 to 14:00.
- Prime example of a working day
The week will start with the volunteer activities organization with the mentor.
-Before the break
- Two hours with Erasmus coordination activities (at least two days a week).
- “Language Conversation Breakfast: 3-9 hours a week, with students of further education who are going to have Erasmus mobility during the hours of the modules “libre configuración”.
-During the break
- Radio station
- Sport activities
- Traditional games
Whether the volunteer carry out activities during the break he/she will have a rest before or after the normal break.
-After the break::
- Youth information point (two days)
- TICs activities (two days)
- General Activities like school garden, Forma joven program, theatre…
Some specific days the volunteer should assist in the afternoon to some activities or meetings. These days the volunteer won’t have to go to school in the morning.
When the volunteer assists to extra activities out of school, which last the whole day or even some days or the week-end, he or she will have free days.
Twitter IES BEN GABIROL: https://twitter.com/iesbengabirol?lang=es